Monday, March 15, 2010

The Birth

Our new little family

Kade during his first bath

Kade crying

All ready to go home from the hospital

So on Friday March 5th I was 41 weeks and ready to be done. My doctor was out of town for the weekend so he said he would induce me when he got back on Monday. He wanted me to go in on Friday for a non stress test to make sure the baby was doing ok. Well I went to the hospital that morning just kinda frustrated because I wanted to be going to have the baby not to be doing a non stress test. So the lady started the test and she said she was a little worried because the fluids surrounding the baby were kinda low and because the babies movements hadn't been as frequent so she was going to call the on call doctor to see what he thought and basically I begged them to keep me. Well she called him and right off he said lets admit her. I was so excited. I called Kyle to tell him to come to the hospital and he didn't believe me at first but I convinced him pretty quickly. They took me up and admitted me and started me on oxytocin and than we just hung out and waited. A couple of hours later the doc came in and broke my water and probably an hour or two later I asked for my epidural, which was amazing. It was kind of scary at first because I started shaking uncontrollably at first and I didn't know why but the nurse said that was normal and happens to a lot of women. It all seemed to go by really fast and before I knew it I was ready to start pushing. I pushed for about an hour and fifteen minutes and than he was here.It was the most amazing experience. I didn't get to see him for the first 20 minutes because they were worried he had swallowed meconium so they took him and suctioned him up and everything and it seemed to take forever until I got to see my little boy, but once they put him in my arms I was so happy, I couldn't believe I had done it. Kyle was so good through the whole thing and I love him more now than ever. I did the mirror thing and I would totally recommend it to anyone it was so cool to watch and it gives you motivation to push harder. We are so happy Kade is finally here and we love him so much already!

5 comments:

  1. congrats! he is such a cute little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little guy! I think he said hi to me :) He has a lot of hair. I'm excited to see ya'll Thursday. I'm glad everything's going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! glad to see un update! keep them coming! glad everything went smoothly and baby and mom are doing well! good luck with everything! if you ever have a question or want to chat call me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so tiny and cute in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I commented on your "he's here" post right after you posted it but it didn't show up! :( Well, CONGRATULATIONS! he is a cutie and i am glad he is here! I love the video! What an adorable little guy! I think i will do the mirror thing next time around-thanks for the advice! I think it would have been good motivation for me as well, i was just too chicken:)

    ReplyDelete